What personal information does ChicDiapers.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at ChicDiapers.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in other site features such as our blogs, communities, etc.
- When ordering, registering, or communicating with us we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
What about cookies?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Cookies help us to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites.
- They are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved products and services.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer.
How does ChicDiapers.com use my information?
We will not share, sell, rent, or disclose personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes, period. NEVER!
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We may share customer information as described below, but only with ChicDiapers.com, Chelique LLC (our parent company), or other subsidiaries or affiliates that are subject to this Privacy Notice and that follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice. We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- ChicDiapers.com will not share, sell rent, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- We use your information to:
- Personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- Communicate with you. If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter or other communications, we may send you periodic e-mails, alerts, etc.
- Allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests and to quickly process your transactions.
- Administer communities and blogs, contests or promotions, or surveys and other site features.
- Now or in the future we may work with affiliated businesses that we do not control. In some cases, these businesses may send purchased product directly to you. In other cases, we may provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You will be able to tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Now or in the future we may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, administering programs and promotions, processing credit card payments, etc. They may need (and we may provide) access to information required to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
- Now or in the future we may send offers on behalf of other companies to certain groups of ChicDiapers.com customers who have requested to receive them. When we do this, we do not give that business your personal information.
- As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or business units. In the unlikely event that ChicDiapers.com, or Chelique LLC is purchased or otherwise transfers its assets, customer information will be one of the transferred assets. In such a case, any information transferred will remain subject to this Privacy Notice.
- When required by law, we will release account or other personal information covered by a valid warrant. Additionally we may release account or other personal information necessary to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ChicDiapers.com, our users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information
How secure is information about me?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server.
- All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Chelique LLC. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for statistical, marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Now or in the future, our site may include links to other Web sites or third-party advertising. We will not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
- Linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
- Third-party advertising may be based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on ChicDiapers.com, visits to ChicDiapers associated Web sites, or use of payment services on other Web sites. Although ChicDiapers.com would not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad.
How can I opt-out?
To modify the way in which we interact with you, and the way in which we handle your information, please modify your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to production schedules you may receive any emails or other promotions already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses and payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
What are my Privacy options?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of ChicDiapers.com site features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the "How Can I Opt-out?" section.
- If you don’t want to receive communications from us, adjust your “My Account” (if you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of ChicDiapers.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use ChicDiapers.com?
ChicDiapers.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use ChicDiapers.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit ChicDiapers.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Utah. If you have any concern about privacy at ChicDiapers.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business may change from time to time, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use may change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.